Thanks to everyone who shared in our successful second annual Poudre River Forum!
You may complete your evaluation online HERE.
The Poudre Runs Through It Study/Action Work Group has its roots in a three month series of educational sessions put on in 2011 by CSU’s Colorado Water Institute, at Colorado State University, UniverCity Connections, and the Community Foundation of Northern Colorado to bring together those of us who love the Poudre River to better understand it and the role it plays in our lives.
Building on the series, which drew more than 350 people from communities along the Poudre, Colorado Water Institute, working with a diverse steering committee of community leaders, invited a group of about 25 to begin meeting to learn together about the Poudre as a working river, and the Poudre in need of improvements to its health. The group, including those from agriculture, urban water management, recreation, business, and environmental interests are beginning their third year of meetings, strengthening relationships and working on three major action initiatives, FLOWS, FORUM, FUNDING.
This website will provide an opportunity for all of us who love the Poudre River to learn more about the river and to engage in ways to make it "the world's best example of a working river that's also healthy!"
- Use this website to follow the work of the Poudre Runs Through It Study/Action Work Group.
- Count on this website to connect you to all kinds of resources, such as papers, studies, and reports.
- Employ this website as a portal to maps and materials from Poudre River Wiki.
- Link to the UniverCity Connections website to find all the videos and materials from the 2011 Poudre Runs Through It series.
- Refer to this website to discover a variety of organizations whose mission ties to the Poudre.
- And contact us if you have further ideas for the website—or questions.
Click here for a quick overview of accomplishments the group reviewed at recent work sessions.