Data Sources - Hydrology, Meteorology, Water Quality
- Active river calls for Region 1 - The South Platte - Colorado Division of Water Resources, real time
Database listing of river calls on the South Platte and its tributaries, including the specific structure and decreed amount, either for river flow or storage volume.
- EPA's Watershed Assessment, Tracking & Environmental Results for Colorado - EPA web page
Watershed-by-watershed information on water quality conditions reported by Colorado to EPA under relevant sections of the Clean Water Act. EPA has developed this website to record impaired stream reaches needing Total Maximum Daily Load (TMDL) development. For example, the Cache la Poudre watershed lists impairments due to selenium, lead, water temperature, cadmium, escherichia coli (E. coli), mercury, and copper.
- Monthly Streamflow Summary - Colorado Division of Water Resources, database
This web page is published monthly to provide streamflow and reservoir level summaries for gauges along the South Platte and its tributaries. Each individual monthly report presents the previous year's worth of data in graphical form. The page also links to other 'Surface Water Conditions' pages for real-time streamflow and reservoir levels by structure.
- NRCS Snow and Precipitation - Natural Resources Conservation Service database
This webpage displays a report tabulating snow water equivalent and total precipitation for each of several stations by river basin in Colorado. The table provides station elevation as well as compares the current level with historical medians/averages. It appears to be updated daily.
- Realtime Flow Data - Colorado Division of Water Resources, current
This webpage links to all the various gages in the Cache la Poudre River basin, both flow and storage. Most are maintained by the Division, but some are from 'cooperators': Bureau of Reclamation, Northern Water, or USGS.
- Weather & Evapotranspiration Data - Northern Water, current
This webpage links to a several regional meteorology gages that record hourly air temperature, relative humidity, vapor pressure, evapotranspiration, precipitation, wind speed, wind direction, and solar radiation. It also links to reports of crop and turf water use, as well as water quality data.
- SPDSS City of Fort Collins - 2005
- SPDSS City of Greeley - 2006
- SPDSS Laramie Poudre Tunnel - 2004
- SPDSS, New Cache la Poudre Irrigating Company and Cache la Poudre Reservoir Company - 2005
- SPDSS Northern Colorado Water Conservancy District and Colorado-Big Thompson Project - 2006
- SPDSS North Poudre Irrigation Company - 2005<
- SPDSS Water Supply and Storage Company - 2005
All of the above links provide background material used to develop the South Platte Decision Support System by documenting the physical, legal, and operational aspects of key structures maintained by the respective municipalities or irrigation companies.